Date: Jan 25, 2018 06:30 PM - 08:30 PM
Location: ETSU Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy, Maple Avenue, Johnson City, TN, 37604
The Tennessee Pharmacists Consortium for Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- Describe the pathophysiology of constipation.
- Recognize differences between recently developed constipation medications to traditional therapies.
- Review literature for emerging treatment options
- Identify the roles in therapy of new constipation agents.
Shouji Nagata, PharmD, MBA
- Describe the opioid epidemic and the impact on society.
- Discuss Tennessee state laws and pharmacist requirements designed to reduce fatalities due to opioid related overdoses.
- Identify the different formulations of naloxone.
- Recognize the pharmacist's role in identifying patients that may benefit from naloxone and opioid overdose education.
Lynsey Parker, PharmD