Date: May 22, 2018 06:00 PM - 07:00 PM
The Tennessee Pharmacists Consortium for Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- Classify a medication error according to the National Coordinating Council for Medication Error Reporting and Prevention (NCC MERP) Index for categorizing medication errors.
- Identify areas with the potential to cause medication errors using the Institute for Safe Medication Practices' (ISMP) "Key Elements of a Medication Use System."
- Describe how to perform the ISMP Medication Safety Self-Assessment for Community/Ambulatory Pharmacy to find areas for improvement.
- Describe strategies to overcome common barriers in implementation of ISMP's New Targeted Medication Safety Best Practices for 2018.
- Identify error reduction strategies that can prevent patient harm.
Kathleen Bourget, PharmD