Date: May 21, 2019 07:00 PM - 08:00 PM
The Tennessee Pharmacists Consortium for Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- Describe recent changes in opioid prescribing laws within the state of Tennessee and across the country
- Identify optimal use of screening tools for patients at risk for abuse, dependence, or addiction from opioids by surgeons
- Explain through the use of a behavioral model, orthopedic and general surgeon behaviors related to postoperative opioid prescribing
- Discuss the statements and opinions of surgeons in accordance with the components of the integrated behavior model
- Identify causes of prescribing shifts following enhanced Tennessee opioid legislation
Cameron Lanier, PharmD, MS, BCPS