The Tennessee Pharmacists Consortium for Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- (Pharmacist) Explain the “side chain theory” of antibiotic cross-reactivity.
- (Pharmacist) Practice performing an antibiotic allergy interview.
- (Pharmacist) Review the process, benefits and limitations of penicillin skin testing.
- (Pharmacist) Explain the importance of “delabeling” penicillin allergies to prevent negative consequences.
- (Pharmacy Technician) List potential health consequences for patients labeled with a penicillin allergy.
- (Pharmacy Technician) Practice performing an antibiotic allergy interview.
- (Pharmacy Technician) Review the process and materials required for penicillin skin testing.
Elizabeth W. Convington