Date: Oct 24, 2019 06:00 PM - 07:30 PM
The Tennessee Pharmacists Consortium for Education is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
- Define palliative care and differentiate it from hospice.
- Discuss the hospice model of care and Medicare requirements.
- Review opiate dosing and conversions.
- Discuss some common drug interactions and contraindications to opiates.
- Review methadone including its pharmacology, indications, and complexity in conversion.
- Discuss some of the common adjuncts used in hospice and palliative care.
Kristin Leann Hinnes, MD